Monday, May 24, 2010

SEAHAWKS: Reading the field - Trufant says he's "100 percent"



Marcus Trufant

Seahawks starting left cornerback Marcus Trufant said he is 100 percent healthy after dealing with back spasms that placed him on the physically unable to perform list last season, according to Eric Williams of the TNT.
“I feel like I’ve got a lot to prove,” Trufant said. “And I want to come out, and I want to do better for my team. I felt like I not only let myself down, but I let my team down by coming back and not playing at the level that I know I can play at. So I’m just here to do the best for my team, and to help the team out as best as possible.”
To Continue...

Trufant missed the first six games of the 2009 season yet managed to accumulate the most pass interference penalties in the league (7).

In 2007, it looked like Trufant could become an elite cornerback, amassing seven interceptions while quarterbacks generally avoided his side of the field. Then 2008 came around and the cornerback descended into the depths of a 4-12 season.

Trufant will turned 30 this season. It may also be the year he proves he is still one of the best, or on his way out of the NFL.

Carroll making cheddar

Pete Carroll is the second highest paid NFL coach ($7 million), behind the unapologetic cheater New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick ($7.5 million), according the NFP.
The next three highest ranked NFL head coaches are Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan and Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, who make $7 million per year, followed by Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher ($5.75 million).
Reach Aaron Weinberg at nextseasonsports@gmail.com