Friday, April 23, 2010

SEAHAWKS: Okung: "Great things are going to happen"



Russell Okung

Less than 24 hours have passed since the Seahawks war room collectively wiped the sweat off their brows and took LT Russell Okung no. 6 overall.

Now, Okung already has a blog post up on Seahawks.com, where he goes into detail about the draft and talks about his future with Seattle.

"To all the Seahawks fans out there, I look forward to becoming a part of this team and this community," Okung said. "Great things are going to happen."

To Continue...

While there is not a lot of substance to the blog post, he does also talk about Seattle's coaching staff briefly.
I’m so excited to play for Coach Carroll. He has a lot of enthusiasm and is always excited. He’s a self-motivator and we have a similar personality, so I’m really looking forward to playing for him. He’s a great guy and I loved meeting him over the last few months. I can’t wait to get up there. I haven’t spoken to offensive line coach Alex Gibbs too much, but I know he’s very seasoned and knowledgeable about the game, and I know I’m going to learn a lot from him. It just seems like the perfect situation for me up in Seattle.

Reach Aaron Weinberg at nextseasonsports@gmail.com